Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Shmalentine...

So here it is... the one day of the year I hate the most (besides the day after Christmas).
Everyone says the people who are single hate V-Day, and that may be true for other people besides me. I hate it when I'm single, and I hate it when I'm in a relationship. Please read these, especially number 10.

Top 10 reasons I despise HATE Valentine's Day:

1.) Whether your single, or in a relationship.. Unless you plan to go out to dinner on Valentine's Day in the beginning of January, your chances of being seated in a restaurant before next year's Valentine's Day are slim to none. ANNOYING.

2.) The pressure to buy gifts. What is the point? On this one day you must buy your significant other something, or flowers? Why not any random day can a man surprise his woman with a bouquet of roses? Getting flowers on V-Day makes me want to puke, knowing that men know its expected makes the gesture so heartless to me. (For future reference: NEVER buy me roses on Valentine's Day)

3.) All the sappy proposal commercials on TV. NEWS FLASH PEOPLE, no average joe is going to surprise you on Valentine's Day with a $10k+ diamond ring.

4.) All the candy. As if candy isn't tempting enough all the other 364 days of the year, it happens to come in abundance and heart shaped on Valentine's Day. ( besides the taste-like sidewalk chalk candy hearts)

5.) Another excuse for companies and stores to make more money off of us buying cards, candy, useless stuffed animals and balloons. Who needs another teddy bear holding a heart shaped "I Love You" Sign?

6.) For those people in a new relationship, they make no "just started dating" Valentine's Day cards, and its an all around awkward holiday for these people. "Do we go out to dinner? or is too soon" kind of thing.

7.) The 24 hour 7 Days a week sappy movie marathons on television for the entire month of February. If I see The Notebook on TV one more time, I might punch a hole in the screen.

8.) What is Valentine's Day anyway, and who is St. Valentine? who cares UUGHHH If this day were important, I'd be off work.. and I'm clearly I'm not.

9.) Fake promises, I clearly remember a boy back in my Junior High School day's probably promising to love me forever... HA! like that was really going to happen. I've seen it even happen among adults... so sad.

I probably sound extremely dramatic. Which is fine. But beyond all 10 of these reasons PLEASE HEAR ME OUT ON THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

10.) Why is there one dedicated day out of the year that your supposed to show your boyfriend/ husband/ significant other that you love them? THAT SHOULD BE EVERY DAY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment